Shadowseal - Roleplaying Community
Please, Log in to see the forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please, Log in to see the forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Master Assassin Silver.
Azrel Darkwinter - Lich EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:52 pm by Miraz

» Aliaa Mourneshadow- Succubus, Queen of Suffering.
Azrel Darkwinter - Lich EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:33 pm by E1Alpha

» Lord Hebronym the Defiler, the Brother, the Deathbringer - Nathrezim
Azrel Darkwinter - Lich EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:40 pm by Shadowseal

» Azrel Darkwinter - Lich
Azrel Darkwinter - Lich EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:57 pm by E1Alpha

» Illidari Battle Mage-Tristanna Fadewing
Azrel Darkwinter - Lich EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:11 am by T3chpriest

» William. Yeah. That's right.
Azrel Darkwinter - Lich EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:42 pm by Shadowseal

» Xylethias " Ghost " Duskblade
Azrel Darkwinter - Lich EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:22 pm by Prototype

» Xu'l the Sunfall - The Sky Shall Rain Blood [ Nathrezim ]
Azrel Darkwinter - Lich EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:16 pm by Shadowseal

» Master Smith
Azrel Darkwinter - Lich EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:15 am by ssaris

Staff List

Administrator

Shadowseal

Loremaster

E1Alpha

T3chpriest

Event Moderator

E1Alpha

ssaris

Game Master

Lillihugz

Azrel Darkwinter - Lich

+2
lillihugz
E1Alpha
6 posters

Go down

Azrel Darkwinter - Lich Empty Azrel Darkwinter - Lich

Post  E1Alpha Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Azrel Darkwinter - Lich Igyi4p

Name: Azrel Darkwinter

Class: Necromancer (Former Arcanist)

Race: Undead Lich (Former Human)

Height: 2m80 (floats about 25 cm above the ground aswell)

Weight: Unknown

Appearance:
Azrel looks like your typical lich: Long, waving purle robes, huge skeleton hands, a pair of large tusks, chains to keep his body together and in place, a ribcage filled with an essence of pure frost and icy clouds of frost surrounding him and keeping him levitated.

Personality:
Azrel is a very strategic and diplomatic, yet merciless Lich. He is never seen alone as he always has some undead minions following him and protecting him with their undead lives. He enjoys nothing more than making a living person scream in agony under his merciless torture of frost and unholy magic. Yet, as he does not serve either the Legion, nor the Scourge, he is more likely to go into discussion with his opponent for a compromise. In combat, he uses his three types of magic to the limit: Arcane, Frost and Unholy. But he avoids melee combat as much as possible.

History:

Youth:

Azrel was born in the magical capital of Dalaran as the son of two archmagi. As a child, he was spoiled with toys and treats, living a dream life. But at the age of 14, all of this was taken from him and he was forced into the studies of the arcane. Although, greatly annoyed by these studies, Azrel went to classes and was soon thought to become a great archmage.
But at the age of 16, Azrel met Inayra, a young high elven apprentice mage who came to Dalaran to continue her studies. Although the young high elf was much older than Azrel, the two were together very often, helping eachother with their studies.

But after a year, they started getting more serious, falling in love with eachother, they started to spent more attention to eachother than to their studies. Their efforts started to slack and Inayra's parents would not allow this. They came to Dalaran as soon as they heard of this and confronted Azrel's parents with the matter. These became furious aswell and went out to look for the two lovebirds who were spending their evening together under a tree outside of the city. Azrel held Inayra tightly in his arms, before the two stared into eachother's eyes and soon placed their lips onto the other's, kissing eachother lovingly. But this would not last, as at that exact moment, their parents found them. Inayra's parents pulled her away from the young boy, who was being held back by his father.
Inayra was taken back to Silvermoon City and Azrel was forced back into his studies, but he kept on harboring a great hatred for his parents for doing what they did.

The Cult of the Damned:

For many long years, Azrel kept on studying, still longing for his Inayra. Even at a later age, he did not dare to look her up, afraid of what might be done to him. His sadness and despair were not left unnoticed and after many years, Azrel was approached by the archmage, Kel'Thuzad:

Kel'Thuzad knocks onto the door of a small house in Dalaran. Azrel looks up from his book and heads to the door, unlocking and opening it, blinking in amazement.

Azrel: "Mister Kel'Thuzad? Wha-... Where do I owe the honor from to be visited by a member of the Council of Six?"

Kel'Thuzad: "May I come in?"

Azrel: "Certainly! Would you like a drink? Something to eat?"

Kel'Thuzad: "No. I will not stay long. I came to you with an offer."

Azrel: "An offer? What kind of offer?"

Kel'Thuzad grinned a bit, leaning a bit closer to Azrel, who is appears somewhat intimidated.

Kel'Thuzad: "Have you heard of the art of necromancy?"

Azrel: "Ofcourse. Using magic to raise the dead."

Kel'Thuzad: "Indeed... And wouldn't you like to learn of this so-called foul magic?"

Azrel: "Learning a dark art? I don't know... Is it not despised by the other members of the Kirin
Tor?"

Kel'Thuzad: "Oh... But what have the Kirin Tor done for you then?"

Azrel: "They allow me to learn arcane and-..."

Kel'Thuzad: "I hear doubt in your voice... What have the Kirin Tor done TO you?"

Azrel: "They... They took my heart from me..."

Kel'Thuzad: "Consumed by an overwhelming sadness and hatred... Well then... I will allow you to avenge her..."

Azrel: "Avenge her? But... she wasn't killed... She was sent back to Silvermoon... Wasn't she?"

Kel'Thuzad: "She did not make it..."

Azrel digs his face into his hands, muttering to himself.

Kel'Thuzad: "But... you can bring her back... If you join me and learn of the ways of Necromancy..."

Azrel looks up at the archmage, a confused yet hopeful look in his eyes, before he wipes his tears and nods.

Azrel: "I would be honored to join you..."

Kel'Thuzad: "Excellent... Welcome... To the Cult of the Damned..."

From that moment on, Azrel devoted himself to the Cult of the Damned, learning its dark secrets while devoting himself to the studies of necromancy. Azrel soon became a well respected member of the Cult of the Damned and grows out to a powerful necromancer.

The Scourge:

Eventually the time came that the Scourge struck at Lordaeron. Azrel used all of his powers to support a large group of the Scourge's minions, raising every fallen soldier swiftly as an undead skeleton or ghoul. He fought fiercely in every battle of the undead Scourge, until the purging Stratholme. As soon as he heard of this, Azrel went in hiding, hiding amongst what remained of Andorhal.
But this would not last long, for as soon as Lordaeron's capital fell, he joined the Scourge once again, marching along with them to Quel'Thalas. Fighting mercilessly to break through the elven gates, he soon stood within the magical capital. It is there that his fate was determined. He saw his love again, battling the undead with all her might.
Inayra's appearance had only matured in the decades that they were seperated, yet she did not recognise Azrel and attacked him without hold. Azrel tried his best to hold off the attacks of his loved one, but eventually she was reaped apart by a raging abomination. Azrel was taken over by rage, but instead of aiming his rage at the abomination, he slaughtered all nearby elves, civilian and soldier.

After the battle, the rage in his heart kept on burning. Yet, as he observed Kel'Thuzad's rebirth, he realised what power he could gain from undeath. He kept on serving and even enjoying the battle at Dalaran, feeling so powerful and feared as he saw the city in ruins.
While Archimonde and his minions continued with the destruction of the Eastern Kingdoms, Azrel was amongst those who were blessed for their service to the Scourge by being allowed to ascend to lichdom, to his greatest pleasure.

Regaining his freedom:

After ascending to lichdom, Azrel took on the name of Azrel Darkwinter. He continued to live in Icecrown, further advancing his skills as a necromancer, but also working on his frost spells.
But after a few months of training and practice, he felt the control of the Lich King weakening on him. He has felt a harboring hatred for the Scourge ever since the battle at Quel'Thalas.
Azrel took his chance and gathered a number of his minions, including a Scourge engineer. He took this small group and went into hiding, he held his phylactry close to him, instructing his minions to gather materials and start constructing a small necropolis.

At last, after 4 years, shortly after the fall of the Lich King, his necropolis was completed and his number of minions had grown greatly. Together with the cultists and necromancers that have started to serve him, he empowered the necropolis and let it take flight, moving it away from the cold north, hiding his necropolis above the land of Azshara. From there, he now rules his own cult of undead minions and necromancers, which he named The Frozen Claw Cult.

I agree to the Terms of Service
I do and I will not abuse this character in any way.

Note:
I will make a seperate application for his necropolis when this is accepted.

Last edited by E1Alpha on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
E1Alpha
E1Alpha

Back to top Go down

Azrel Darkwinter - Lich Empty Re: Azrel Darkwinter - Lich

Post  lillihugz Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:58 pm

Only problem I see is the cultist part as the are bound to the lich king look in the section called Membership part of this http://www.wowwiki.com/Cultist until the Lich King died there would be no way any cultists would leave as they are bound to the Lich King's will and noone elses
lillihugz
lillihugz

Back to top Go down

Post  Prototype Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:00 pm

Vouched, I do not know much about Liches besides that they are extremply potient in Necromancy and Frost, they return to a location of their Phylactery, if its unharmed they regenerate themselves over some amount of time. That they are potient and high ranked in the Scourge and all that kind of usual stuff. Smile
I however trust that Alpha plays this good and has the nessecary knowledge inorder to do so. Good luck and peace.
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Post  E1Alpha Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:04 pm

lillihugz wrote:Only problem I see is the cultist part as the are bound to the lich king look in the section called Membership part of this http://www.wowwiki.com/Cultist until the Lich King died there would be no way any cultists would leave as they are bound to the Lich King's will and noone elses
He stayed loyal to the Lich King up until he became a Lich King. But the Legion's defeat at Mount Hyjal weakened the Lich King's grip on the Scourge, allowing strong willed members to break free from the Lich King's control.

Quoted from WoWWiki:
Following the defeat of the Burning Legion at Mount Hyjal and the weakening of the Lich King's hold over the Scourge, a few liches, such as Ras Splinterspine and Morbent Fell, chose to serve the Burning Legion and sided with the dreadlord Balnazzar during the uprising of Sylvanas Windrunner.
I see no reason that he could not leave the Scourge for his own goals.
E1Alpha
E1Alpha

Back to top Go down

Post  Prototype Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Cultists were basically light minded people, they could had not have the will of an undead Lich which is obvious in my oppinions. Not tryng to bucher or be a douche but Lilli does kinda have a point no?
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Post  E1Alpha Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Prototype wrote:Cultists were basically light minded people, they could had not have the will of an undead Lich which is obvious in my oppinions. Not tryng to bucher or be a douche but Lilli does kinda have a point no?
My point exactly, Azrel would break free from the Lich King, and during the time of the LK's weakness, he would take control of a small group of Cultists.
And if there would still be doubts about this: Azrel became a Lich BEFORE the Legion was defeated at Hyjal Razz
E1Alpha
E1Alpha

Back to top Go down

Post  lillihugz Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm not talking about the lich I'm talking about the cultists =P
lillihugz
lillihugz

Back to top Go down

Post  Prototype Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Suppose that sounds legit enough to look over, my vouch still counts so. Thank you for answering and making it clear.
Prototype
Prototype

Back to top Go down

Post  lillihugz Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Proto he hasn't made it clear he has avoided what I said taking control of cultists isn't possible they are completely bound to the lich kings will even if he is weakening only strong willed scourge could of broken free and they are practically will-less
lillihugz
lillihugz

Back to top Go down

Post  E1Alpha Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:27 pm

right then, i have edited that cultist part
E1Alpha
E1Alpha

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowseal Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Okay, It looks alot better now, Cultists joined you after lich king died and bolvar took control..

That is possible, Vouch.
Shadowseal
Shadowseal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  E1Alpha Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Good.... Now where's my co Loremaster when you need him

>.>
<.<
>.<
E1Alpha
E1Alpha

Back to top Go down

Post  lillihugz Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:34 pm

Errr Alpha you need 4 veteran vouches or another member of the staffs vouch aswell as that loremaster vouch and guess what now you changed that part I vouch =3
lillihugz
lillihugz

Back to top Go down

Post  E1Alpha Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:42 pm

^^ so now if T3ch can log his lazy ass on and check this app i can finally apply for that Necropolis xD
E1Alpha
E1Alpha

Back to top Go down

Post  Miraz Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Why is he coming personally for Azrel? He was just a mage and pretty much useless, he wouldn't just come for Azrel personally JUST to recruit him.
Miraz
Miraz

Back to top Go down

Post  E1Alpha Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:34 pm

MiraZOka wrote:Why is he coming personally for Azrel? He was just a mage and pretty much useless, he wouldn't just come for Azrel personally JUST to recruit him.

Kel'Thuzad wouldn't be able to just run around in the streets and yell 'Join Cult of the Damned! We will give you power and necromancy!'

No, he looked up specific persons, those persons redirected him to other persons, etc etc

Azrel is a very skilled mage, but he has been known to be very angered with the Kirin Tor after what happened to his love
Kel'Thuzad knows that even though Azrel was a strong mage, he would easily give in to Kel'Thuzad's offer
E1Alpha
E1Alpha

Back to top Go down

Post  Miraz Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:36 pm

It saddens me that every character here is special.
'No, I'm kewl'.. 'No, I'm skilled.'.
Kel'thuzad wouldn't go around like he's the postman or something.

Now you're basically saying he did this:
'Kel'thuzad walks to Azrel's house, knocking on the door, recruiting him, waving goodbye.'
'Kel'thuzad walks to the next house, knocking on the door, recruiting him, waving goodbye.'
'And so on.'
Just no..
Miraz
Miraz

Back to top Go down

Post  T3chpriest Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:23 pm

Essentially that's what he did. He went from house to house of those individuals and turned them. It's a good application.

Vouch
T3chpriest
T3chpriest

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowseal Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:02 am

Approved and moved, but all Hard races/classes have been freezed so you will not be able to RP for this until our Player database has increased.
Shadowseal
Shadowseal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  E1Alpha Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:57 pm

Made a small edit in his height, as I compared to other races, he would even have been smaller than a tauren xD
E1Alpha
E1Alpha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum